Fingerprint Scanners is a fingerprint recognition device’s for computer security equipped with the fingerprint recognition module featuring with its superior performance, accuracy, durability based on unique fingerprint bio-metric technology. Fingerprint Reader/ Scanner is very safe and convenient device for security instead of password that is vulnerable to fraud and is hard to remember.
Fingerprint scanners are very important in today’s world to prevent data theft. There are numerous bio-metric scanners available in the market so choosing the right one according to your needs becomes very vital. Here is our Buyers Guide to help you make a uniform decision
Types Of Fingerprint Scanners:
Optical Fingerprint Scanner
As the name suggests, this technique relies on capturing an optical image, essentially a photograph, and using algorithms to detect unique patterns on the surface, such as ridges or unique marks, by analysing the lightest and darkest areas of the image.
The major drawback with optical scanners is that they aren’t difficult to fool. As the technology is only capturing a 2D picture, prosthetics and even other pictures of good enough quality can be used to fool this particular design. This type of scanners really isn’t secure enough to trust your most sensitive details to. It’s also slowly being phased out these days.
Capacitive scanners are the most widely used Fingerprint scanners used today. Instead of creating a traditional image of a fingerprint, capacitive fingerprint scanners use arrays tiny capacitor circuits to collect data about a fingerprint. As capacitors can store electrical charge, connecting them up to conductive plates on the surface of the scanner allows them to be used to track the details of a fingerprint. The charge stored in the capacitor will be changed slightly when a finger’s ridge is placed over the conductive plates, while an air gap will leave the charge at the capacitor relatively unchanged. An op-amp integrator circuit is used to track these changes, which can then be recorded by an analogue-to-digital converter.
Once captured, this digital data can be analysed to look for distinctive and unique fingerprint attributes, which can be saved for a comparison at a later date. What is particularly smart about this design is that it is much tougher to fool than an optical scanner. The results can’t be replicated with an image and is incredibly tough to fool with some sort of prosthetic, as different materials will record slightly different changes in charge at the capacitor. The only real security risks come from either hardware or software hacking.
Multi-spectral finger print scanner
The type of scanner were being introduced to make sure to prevent finger print spoof attacks or in other words network securities. It has a distinctive function which scans the tissue which is under the skin as well as the usual features on the finger surface.
Fingerprint Scanner buying Guide
1. Consider Accuracy
One of the first things you should consider when you are ready to purchase a finger print scanner is the accuracy of the device. You want to ensure that false rejections and false acceptances will not occur when you install the scanner. It may be a good idea to do some research to find the equal error rate, or EER, on the finger print reader that you are considering.
The finger reader you purchase should have a low error rates so you can be sure you get the best results from the bio-metrics finger print readers you have in place
2. Ease of Use
Ease of use is also going to be important when you are purchasing a finger print scanner. The last thing you need is a print scanner that is complicated to figure out.
You want to avoid potential lockouts or technical issues when you purchase a scanner, so find out if it is easy for everyone to use. In many cases, it’s a good idea to ask to try the system you are considering to ensure you can use it without a problem.
Responsiveness is a very important factor to consider which purchasing a Fingerprint Scanner. We often face problems when the person has a cut or a slight bruise could make it unresponsive. So always bear in mind that it should come with Smudge Protection layer to avoid any security breaches.
4 .Cost Effective
Always look up for the most cost effective model with all the relevant features in the model. Try looking for brands which provide best quality at affordable price
Best Selling Optical Finger Print Scanners to buy in 2021
MFS100 is the bestselling optical FINGERPRINT SCANNER of Amazon India. It can be used for authentication, identification and verification functions that let your fingerprint act like digital passwords that cannot be lost, forgotten or stolen.
- Portable Optical Fingerprint scanner
- USB 3.0
- 500dpi/256 resolution
- Works with all Windows Operating System
- eKYC verification, Adhar based SIM activation, for bank purposes, capturing digital signature, scanning fingerprints and more.
- Works for identification, verification
- Small and portable
- Can be used through phones for verification as well
- Used for Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Shetkari Sanman Yojana, Aadhar KYC, Sim card activation, eKYC, eMudra biometric, NDLM etc.
- May not work with some networks and devices. Check compatibility before buying.
MFS is a very good product and stqc certified as well, and you can easily register your finger prints for aadhar card or pan card as well. This scanner is very easy to use and accurate as well.
SecuGen is a tiny yet very handy finger print scanner, it comes with scratch Resistance Glass which makes it unique in its own way as it can work in harsh environment easily. The scanner has a unique feature which is Auto On, so as soon as you put your finger for scanning it will turn ON Automatically and scanning would e completed immediately. It is fast and portable device.
- Scratch Resistant Glass
- 500 DPI resolution
- Quick scan system
- Auto On feature which helps to automatically detects fingers
- Smart Capture Work which Works with dry, moist, scarred, aged fingers
- Tough Glass Plate which is Scratch Resistant, Impact resistant, Corrosion Resistant and Electrostatic Shock Resistant
- Automatically detects the finger when placed on the reader
- Compatible with Windows 7 or higher
- Customer Support is not satisfactory
For most of the finger print scanners we mainly look for features which would help you in a long run, this device is the perfect fit for those. You can use it regularly for identification, verification and registration on the shop or works for an organization for Aadhar Enrolling and other purposes. The scratch resistance feature makes it one of the best scanners in the market.
SecuGem’s Hamster plus has more power and can be used in 2 systems at the same time, as it has the function of smart capture adjustable brightness which allows you to make scanning precisely without any errors. And you can use it with or without stand, without any issues.
- Auto On – Scans your finger as soon as you touch the sensor
- Smart Capture – Quality fingerprint scanning of difficult fingers
- SEIR fingerprint bio-metric technology
- Maintenance-free optical fingerprint sensor
- Removable stand
- Multi-Device Connection
- Supported Operating Systems Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2 Android 3.1 and above, Java, Linux
- Fast and accurate verification
- Integrated finger guide
- Rugged sensor prevents almost from as many damages as possible
- Can work easily on dry, wet, scarred or aged skin
- Also works under direct sunlight
- Hectic software installation – Manual and support not there.
This Finger print scanner is the most rugged and most durable scanner in the market, This scanner also have the same turn on and scanning feature which makes this device one of the fastest and security safe fingerprint device in the market.
3M have aluminium finish and has the ability to capture 10 frames per second. Is an optical finger print scanner. Its ergonomic design allows it to be portable without compromising image quality. Scans faster than usual and gives the best and legit scan possible, And is compatible to mostly all windows OS and basically used for aadhar verification and also passport verification.
- Aluminium casing
- 10 frames per second capturing
- USB 2.0
- 500ppi resolution
- Large active platen area
- Optical Fingerprint Scanner
- Available in OEM version too
- Automatic scanning procedure
- The CSD 200 is FBI PIV-071006 and FIPS 201 PIV certified.
- Ideal for Authentication and Verification
- Auto Scanning feature
- Captures high quality flat impressions in a fast, reliable, and easy-to-learn way
- Drivers needs to be downloaded from external link
- Installing issues
Safron is a very handy device unlike other finger print scanners. This all in one solution comes with superior performance enrolment, verification and identification and extensive security features, including encryption and digital signature.
- All in one scanning capability, including verification, Identification etc
- LED light visual indicator
- High performance sensor: 500 dpi, 256 grey levels
- Easy Multiple access controls.
- Very small but most effective device at such price range
- Smartcard reader variants for match-on-card applications
- Security features includes encryption and digital signature
- Easy to gain access on PC
- Used for eKYC Verification, Adhar based sim activation, For bank purposes, Capturing Digital Signatures and Scanning Fingerprints
- May not work with some networks
- Main problem is the installing issues, only Tech-savvy people can do it easily
This device is as light as a feather, without any problems it can help you get your finger print scanning done. This finger print scanner is only recommended to the people who know a little more about the driver installing facility as it might create a problem.
This Finger Print scanner is the smallest in size but it is one of the most accurate finger print scanner in the market as it is compatible with most of the Pcs and laptops. Installation process takes a couple of seconds to make it work on your laptop.
- Portable and Compatible
- USB 2.0
- High accuracy rate
- Supports Windows 10 and Windows 8.1
- Plug & Play
- Small in size
- Doesn’t need any driver installation
- Sign-in to Windows using fingerprint
- Easiest and most secure way to unlock and sign-in to your laptop
- Compatibility issues with some Laptops
Although this device has a small size but it does the job perfectly as a finger print scanner with some top-notch accuracy. Also it is super affordable so you can use it for threats easily. Definitely recommending it to people who are looking for a finger print scanner to buy under budget